Neo Environmental have been commissioned to complete various technical and environmental services for over 250MW of commercial solar developments across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. We have completed a variety of work ranging from initial pre-planning supporting graphics and visualisation production to development clerks of works. Our consultants have been responsible for the production of full environmental packages to bespoke services for an enviable list of clients including: Lightsource, Lark Energy, Vogt Solar, Castillium, Freesona and Smiths Gore.
Our multi-disciplinary team ensure that almost all work is undertaken in-house with little or no sub-contractor input required.
We have completed work for a number of developers, planning consultancies and architectural practices for ground mounted solar arrays ranging from 50kW up to 35 MW.
Neo Environmental are generally involved in one or all of the following three stages for solar developments:
- The Pre-Planning stage;
- Planning stage; and
- Post-Planning Stage
We have been involved in initial pre-planning stages where planning consultants, architects and developers have required technical assessments and other services to identify the viability of projects or for stakeholder engagement.
- Pre-Planning services include:
- Initial ZTVs, 3D CAD Designs and Photomontage Production for meetings with Planners and Stakeholders
- Design and Production of Pre-planning Exhibition Material
- Grid Connection Feasibility Assessments
- Initial consultations with Consultees and/or Stakeholders
- Scoping for EIA (Environmental Impact Assessments)
Neo Environmental provide tailored environmental packages and bespoke services for the planning stage of commercial solar developments. These are generally customised to the specific requirements of the individual project, based on the size and type of project (EIA or Non-EIA), requirements of the client and agreed scope of works with LPAs (Local Planning Authorities) and various consultees. Where projects have been determined as EIA development, then scoping will need to be conducted, which Neo Environmental can undertake.
- Our Commercial Solar services for the Planning Stage include
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments
- Heritage Impact Assessments
- Ecological Surveys & Assessments
- Noise Impact Assessments
- Program of Archaeological Works (Geophysical Surveys and Trial Trenching)
- Design and Access Statements
- Shadow Flicker Assessments
- Transport Assessments
- Hydrological Surveys & Assessments
- Arboriculture (Tree) Surveys
- Mapping & Visualisation Production (including 3D CAD Designs and Photomontages)
There are usually a number of conditions attached to any planning consent, which will need to be discharged prior to, or as part of, the development process. Neo Environmental have significant experience is aiding developers, planning consultants and architects in the discharging of environmental conditions. We have also acted as clerks of works for projects and produced numerous assessments for appeals and variations to planning.
- Our Post Consent Services include:
- Assessments & Reports to aid in the Discharge of Conditions
- Clerks of works for Archaeology, Ecology, Landscape, Noise, etc.
- Reports to support Appeals & Planning Variations